Many school districts provide bus transportation to Oakland Catholic High School for students in their school district. These school districts are listed below, along with options for paid private busing and parking on our campus lot when other transportation is not offered.
If you have questions regarding transportation, please contact the Oakland Catholic School Office at (412) 682-6633 x1224.
Outside City of Pittsburgh
West Jefferson Hills
City of Pittsburgh
Students who live two miles or more away from the school and who are residents of the City are eligible for a ConnectCard. They are distributed to students the first week of school and reloaded every month by Port Authority's Business Web Portal. If the card is lost or stolen, the student must report it to the School Office at Oakland Catholic. Replacement cost is $5.00 and takes up to two weeks to be replaced by Port Authority.
School district provides a bus pass or a school bus for students. Parents must notify the district if transportation is needed and they will contact you.
Keystone Oaks & Upper St. Clair
- Keystone Oaks school district provides a bus pass and mails it directly to the student or will provide a bus.
- Upper St. Clair school district provides a bus pass and mails it directly to the student.
Wilkinsburg will provide a Port Authority ConnectCard if you provide proof of residency to the district.
Do NOT Provide Transportation
Private Paid Busing
For those students living in the following outlying suburbs, Oakland Catholic and Central Catholic coordinate private paid buses.
If you have not registered for the next school year, spots are filling up quickly. Please register below ASAP. The fee for next year has been reduced to a 1-time payment of $500. If you have any questions regarding transportation in outlying school districts and their private paid busing, please contact Mr. Steve Bezila at Central Catholic High School: firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 208-3414.
Areas Eligible for Private Busing
North Hills Areas
- Moon Area
- Quaker Valley
- Seneca Valley
South Hills Areas
- Mt. Lebanon
- Peters Township
- South Fayette
- Upper St. Clair
Alle-Kiski Valley Area
- Freeport Area
- Highlands Area
- New Kensington-Arnold
- Franklin Regional
- City of Pittsburgh
- Steel Valley
*Guidelines are subject to change as we communicate with various school districts regarding their plans for transportation to comply with the State and CDC guidelines for student safety.
The school parking lot is used primarily for the faculty and staff of OCHS. There are a limited number of parking spots available to the students and parking cannot be guaranteed. Any student who will possess a valid driver’s license before September 30, 2022 may be eligible for an Oakland Catholic parking permit.
Permits will be awarded in the following order:
- Seniors living more than 10 miles from OCHS in a Public School District that does not provide transportation.
- Juniors living more than 10 miles from OCHS in a Public School District that does not provide transportation.
- Seniors living between 2 and 10 miles from OCHS in a Public School District that does not provide transportation.
- Juniors living between 2 and 10 miles from OCHS in a Public School District that does not provide transportation.
- Public transportation is not timely.
- The intent of the above criteria is to allow those students who have no transportation provided by their public school district to attend Oakland Catholic. Transportation is defined as a district school bus or monthly bus pass.
Students are expected to abide by the following parking policies:
- Permits properly displayed (mounted on driver’s side upper corner of windshield).
- Permits never given or shared with another student without permission from the office.
- Park in designated spaces.
- Verbally communicate with attendants upon entering lot when students have a planned early dismissal.
- Do not go to vehicles during the school day, unless permitted by the School Office.
- Follow the directives of the parking lot attendants upon entering and exiting.
- For safety purposes, students are not permitted to use their cell phones or have radio on upon entering or exiting the parking lot.
- At dismissal, buses will leave the parking lot first. Student drivers will be directed in order to leave their parking spaces.
- Parking in the lot is a privilege and may be denied if school policies are not followed.
The following are causes for revocation of the parking permit:
- Failure to abide by school policies (see Student/Parent Handbook).
- Violations of the above parking policies.
- Leaving school campus without permission.
- Habitual late arrival and absences. (We want the students to be safe therefore we make some allowances for weather and traffic conditions).
- Five unexcused tardies during a semester.
- Being placed on Disciplinary Probation.
NOTE: Students may not park in the school lot without a valid OC parking permit. Vehicles without permits or vehicles that are parked in an unauthorized area will be tagged or towed at the owner’s expense and students will be subject to disciplinary action. Oakland Catholic High School is NOT responsible for damaged vehicles. Students should have insurance information on hand in case of any vehicle accidents.