The OC cheerleaders are a competitive squad. The goal is to improve each individual member's skills and development, resulting in a skilled performance group.
The OC cheerleaders compete at WPIALS and other local competitions. No previous experience is necessary to try out for the squad.
OC Competitive Cheer Squad requirements:
- Commitment to studying and maintaining passing grades for all subject areas
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Standing back handspring or enrollment in a tumbling class throughout the summer/school year
- Attend all of the following:
- Practice: 2 days per week (3 days during competition week)
- Competitions: 5+ local and 1 national per season
- Camps for stunt safety and choreography
- Basketball Games: determined by coaches
- Pep Rallies: determined by Administration