The Religion Department of Oakland Catholic High School seeks to inspire in the hearts of our students a love for the person of Jesus Christ, by leading them into a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith and encouraging them to put that faith into action through service and spirituality.
“Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who asks you for a reason for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence”. (1 Peter 3:15-16)
Through learning about Jesus Christ, students are invited to know His love for them and find hope and purpose for their lives. We apply reason to understanding the truths of our faith so that our students are always ready to give an explanation for their hope.
- Freshmen: Introduction to Catholicism
- Sophomores: Living in Communion with Jesus Christ
- Juniors: The Mind and Heart of the Church
- Seniors: Catholic Worldview - 0.5 Credits
- Seniors: Discovering and Responding to the Call of Christ - 0.5 Credits
- Seniors: Ecumenical and Interreligious Studies - 0.5 Credits