Communication Platform Information
Oakland Catholic uses a variety of technology and communication platforms to keep students and parents informed. Please review the latest system and technology upgrades below.
Student absence reporting SYSTEM
One of our greatest priorities is ensuring that all our students arrive safely to school every day. To improve our safe arrival process, we have a system to make it easier for you to report – and respond to – school absences of your daughter.
The student absence reporting system will let you use a mobile app, a web site, or an interactive toll-free phone line to report an absence in advance. As a result, it will take the School Office less time to verify student attendance, and less time to begin to notify parents and guardians of absences that were unexpected or unplanned.
Absences can be reported three ways:
- Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store (or from the links at https://go.schoolmessenger.com). The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Use the SafeArrival website, https://go.schoolmessenger.com. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
- Call the toll-free number (833) 456-8309 to report an absence using the automated phone system.
This time savings makes it faster and more efficient to account for all students and their safety.
If your student is marked absent and the absence hasn’t been explained in advance, our Safe Arrival system will be able to rapidly contact you by automated phone call, text message, email, or mobile app push notification to get a reason for the absence. Calls and contacts will continue until you choose an option to explain the absence.
The automated Safe Arrival process is part of our SchoolMessenger notification system. It’ll be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to make it convenient for you to report future absences. All families will be required to utilize Safe Arrival to report student illness or reason for their daughter not attending class on an instructional day (virtual or in person).
*Parents/students who opt for all virtual learning for the 2020-2021 school year will not be required to report absences (only if their daughter will not be attending virtual classes on a given instructional day). Attendance will be taken during all class periods for all students for engagement, even when students are not on campus.
STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
Having difficulty logging in? Contact the School Office for assistance.
Parents of transfer students and incoming 9th grade students will receive log in information in early August.
Please note we have 2 types of attendance: Daily and Meeting.
- Daily attendance is what the School Office utilizes for official attendance record (unexcused/excused).
- Meeting attendance is utilized by teachers to keep track if a student was physically in class (virtual or in-person). Your daughter will be marked "Absent from Class" if she did not attend class (regardless if the absence is excused or unexcused). If she was late to a class she will be marked "Tardy to Class."
LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Schoology is a virtual learning environment that allows teachers and students to create, manage and share academic content. Schoology also allows teachers to send out email communication to parents of students in their courses or groups. Whether a student is virtual or in person, Schoology will be the main platform where assignments, lessons, videos and other academic content will be shared.
SCHOOL NOTIFICATION PLATFORM FOR ALERTS SENT VIA TEXT, VOICEMAIL, EMAIL AND SOCIAL MEDIA
School Messenger will be utilized on a daily basis for attendance notifications, sending emails from Administration, College Counseling, Office of the President etc., as well as during inclement weather for delays and cancellations.
Parents will have to "OPT IN" to receive text/SMS message. All of our platforms integrate with each other, so if we do not have accurate contact information, you will not receive important messages regarding your daughter's attendance, snow delays/cancellations, or other school communication.