Twelve students from Oakland Catholic presented their science projects for the regional Pennsylvania Junior Academy of Science (PJAS) competition at Duquesne University on Saturday, February 3, 2018 and earned first and second place awards for their projects. Also, Oakland Catholic students earned 6 special awards!
2018 Oakland Catholic High School PJAS Results: Loraine Benedik- Sponsor
1. Allison Edwards- second place
2. Kendall Gomez- second place
3. Sarah Pritchard- second place
4. Annie Snyder- second place
5. Madison DeMarino- first place
6. Maile Oravitz- first place
7. Gia Walker- first place
8. Mallory Sherman- first place
9. Isabella Florian- first place
- Society of Women Engineers Award
10. Marie Gerges- first place
- Duquesne University School of Pharmacy Excellence Award
11. Carolyn Guzikowski- first place
- Duane Keenan Award in Biochemistry
- Director's Award in Memory of the Sister M. Gabrielle Maze.
- Dr. James Manner Award given by the Pittsburgh Section of the American Chemist Society for Excellence in Chemistry.
12. Cassandra Moats- first place
- Society of Women Engineers Certificate of Achievement for Scientific Excellence.
Students who earned a first place are eligible to compete in the state meet in May.